Late Arrival Policy: A call or text to alert us of your late arrival is greatly appreciated. Please note that arriving late to appointments requires your lash artist to shorten your appointment time. Clients arriving more than 15 minutes late may be asked to reschedule, as accommodating late clients may disrupt the day’s remaining appointments. While we will try our best to accommodate you, please understand that your appointment may be rescheduled at our discretion. In this event, the cancellation policy will come into effect and the appointment’s full fees will still be applicable.
Cancellation/No Show Policy: Out of respect for our clients and our schedules, please allow 48 hours notice for cancellations. This allows us the time to fill the time you reserved. If you are unable to provide advance notice or you fail to show up for your appointment, you will be charged for the full amount of your appointment. This amount must be paid prior to your next scheduled appointment. If you cancel within the 48 hour window and we are able to fill the appointment you will not be charged.
Lash Extensions FAQ
What are eyelash extensions? Eyelash extensions are synthetic mink eyelashes (created from a PBT fiber) applied either individually
(classic) or in a grouping (volume). They are attached to each individual natural eyelash – not to the skin or to multiple natural eyelashes. The extensions grow out with your natural lashes and will require fill-ins to maintain the look. This service is beauty enhancing and eliminates the need to wear mascara. It is a meticulous service which requires skill and precision of a certified lash technician. Once the eyelash extensions are applied, they look as though they are growing right out of your skin and it is difficult to tell if you have extensions on, or are just blessed with gorgeous lashes naturally. We carry a wide array of curls, diameters and lengths so that we can design a look to enhance your natural beauty. The health of your natural lashes is our utmost priority when designing a look that is best suited to you.
Do the eyelash extensions damage my natural eyelashes?
No. Properly applied and maintained lash extensions do NOT cause damage to your natural lashes. Lash extensions should always be applied AND removed by a licensed, trained professional. Lash extensions are adhered to one single natural lash, which will grow out naturally as your own lash matures. The eyelash adhesive is formulated to create a solid bond, specifically for human lashes. Pulling and rubbing should be avoided as it can cause damage to both your natural lashes as well as the extensions.
Who isn’t a good candidate for lash extensions?
Those with allergies to latex, surgical tapes, carbon black, cyanoacrylates are not good candidates for lash extensions and should consider an eyelash lift and tint as an alternative. Those currently undergoing chemotherapy are advised to wait for a period of 6 months post treatment before they consider lash extensions. Additionally, those with a propensity to rub their eyes may find lash extensions difficult to maintain.
How do I set up an appointment?
All appointments should be scheduled directly with the reception desk at Kontempo. Salon via call or text to (402) 714-3888. Lash Consultations are complimentary and allow us to evaluate your natural lashes and determine if you’re a candidate.
A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to book a full set of eyelash extensions.
Clients who have extensions previously applied by another lash artist will require a removal and full set.
I love my lash extensions! How do I care for my properly care for them?
Two essential ways….
At Home Maintenance-
Once your full set is applied, you’ll go home with the tools necessary to maintain your lashes. This includes cleanser, brush, rinse bottle, towels and extra lash wands. Keeping the lashes clean is an extremely important part of wearing lash extensions and maintaining good eye health. Our lashes act as filters for potential pollutants entering our eyes. Washing helps remove oil, makeup, and any foreign matter to keep both the natural lashes and extensions clean. to keep our eyes healthy.
We shed lashes, just as we do hair on our scalp, every single day. As your natural lashes fall out and grow back in due to the growth cycle, and outgrowth becomes more visible, you will need regular lash fills in to maintain the look.
At home maintenance, your desired look, and your natural growth cycle are the biggest factors in determining how often you’ll need to come in for a fill. Most clients who wish to maintain a natural look find that at 2 weeks, a 45 minute fill is ideal and at 3 weeks a 60 minute fill is ideal. For those who prefer a fuller, denser, or more dramatic look, at 2 weeks a 60 minute fill is ideal and at 3 weeks, a 75 minute fill is ideal. Clients returning after 4 weeks or with less that 30% of their extensions will require a full set be applied.
Can I still workout with lashes?
YES! Many of our clients lead active lives and participate in a variety of sports, workouts, etc all while having beautiful lash extensions. It is very important that you cleanse your lashes after a workout so that sweat, oils from the skin and skin/hair products do not remain on the lashes and negatively effect retention.
What should you do before your eyelash extension appointments?
CLEANSE YOUR LASHES. We do not want to spend time cleaning your lashes – we’d rather spend time working on perfecting your lashes. Prior to your appointment please remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild oil-free, glycerin-free, cleanser. We HIGHLY recommend, LashBox LA’s Bubble Lash Shampoo! If your lashes are not clean at the time of your appointment, it may result in a poor bond between the natural lash and extensions.
Anything else I should know about lashes?
It is very important to avoid doing the following while you have eyelash extensions:
1. Always arrive to your lash appointment with clean lashes.
2. Avoid steam- no spas, saunas. Those who love super hot steamy showers should proceed with caution. Steam will affect the glue, stopping it from bonding properly and may result in loss of extensions entirely.
3. Do not put mascara on your lash extensions. This can cause damage to your natural lashes, close the fans, and be difficult to remove. Applying mascara to your extensions may require a removal and full set to be reapplied.
4. Do not pull your lash extensions- as you’re likely to pull out your own natural lash with it. Repeatedly doing so can permanently damage your natural lashes.
5. Do not rub, perm or tint lashes before or after lash extension application.
5. Do not try to remove the extensions on your own. At home products can not fully dissolve the adhesive and you can cause damage to your natural lashes in the process. Schedule a removal appointment should you wish to have them removed.
6. It is not advisable to cut your extensions- you risk cutting and damaging your natural lashes in the process.
7. Avoid facial products containing oil including but not limited to cleansers, creams and makeup removers they can break down the lash adhesive and cause to the extensions to fall off prematurely.
8. Avoid sleeping with your face in a pillow as it can strain the bond between the natural lashes and the extensions and may result in loss of the extensions and/or damage to your natural lashes. If you are a side or stomach sleeper, a satin or silk pillowcase is helpful in reducing friction while sleeping.